Can you imagine your summer vacation walking through Central Park in New York, enjoying the beaches of Santa Barbara or discovering life in Chicago? These and many more are the destinations where a bunch of school and college hold summer camps for high school students in the United States. Have an unforgettable vacation and perfect your skill at the same time.Read for more information and take your place!
If you haven’t taken decision how to spend your summer yet, you might consider about the potentiality of participating in a summer program.
It’s not only a super exciting way to pass your summer program, but you will get new experiences on a college campus, making friendship with students and even developing school credit for the courses you take.
If you like summer fun, you should move fast! Datelines are coming soon in the year.
It doesn’t matter where you stay and what type of interest you have, opportunities are there where a lot of colleges are offering program near you.
Remember, if you don’t like any of programs on our top listed criteria, don’t worry. Hundreds of summer program are offered by college every year throughout the country.
In this content, I’ll give you a bunch of college lists of the United States that offer summer camps for high school students.
How Can I Know about a Pre-college Summer Program?
A pre-college summer program for high school students creates an opportunity for high school students to take a class at college. You can get college life experience in the time of summer. Basically, most of the programs include 7-8 weeks long.
You can take programs that emphasis on various subjects, for example, writing, leadership, engineering, and entrepreneurship.
Students will not only take the class from professors but also they will be able to listen to lectures from alumina and take part in social works.
Some pre-college summer programs for high school students are open to everyone, and anyone can attend but others need application process. Our selective summer programs for high school students usually requires teacher’s reference, good test score, and application essay.
A list of colleges in the United States that provides summer camps for high school students
Schools in California for Summer Program
Schools in New York for Summer Program
- Barnard College
- Adelphi University
- Alfred University
- Columbia University
- Ithaca College
- Marist College
- Mercy College
- Cornell University
- The New School
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Pratt Institute
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- The Rockefeller University
- School of Visual Arts
- Skidmore College
- Stony Brook University
- Sarah Lawrence College
- SUNY Fashion Institute of Technology
- SUNY Oneonta
- Union College
- University at Buffalo
- University of Rochester
- Syracuse University
- US Military Academy
- Vassar College
Schools in Florida for Summer Program
Schools in Maine for Summer Program
Schools in New Jersey for Summer Program
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Caldwell University
- Centenary University
- Drew University
- Monmouth University
- The College of New Jersey
- Princeton University
- Rider University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
Schools in North Carolina for Summer Program
- Duke University
- Wake Forest University
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina-Greensboro
Schools in New Hampshire for Summer Program
School in Massachusetts
- Harvard University
- Babson College
- Bentley University
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Emerson College
- Hampshire College
- Smith College
- Springfield College
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Tufts University
Schools in Georgia
Schools in Texas
Schools in Virginia
Schools in Washington
Should I Attend on summer college programs for high school students?
Actually, it’s your choice whether you will attend on summer program or not. Infect, summer camp will provide you a good chance to attend in class that’s not even offered on school. You can also build up a friendship and take the experience of college life.
However, there is an issue that most of the summer camps for kids are expensive. If you think the cost is OK, you should go for that. It will enhance your personal and academic growth. Thus, you will be able to achieve your future goal.
The location of the program is an important factor for many students who want to seek a good summer program. If you have a long cherished dream to make a summer camp in a particular school or college, you may want your summer program on your favorite campus.
Perhaps, it will give you better feel for your future college journey. You can also save money making a camp near your home.
Choose summer camps in NYC or other cities that meet your interest. For example, if you are a big fan of writing, you should invest your time in writing program. If you love business, you can sharpen your skill in the entrepreneurship program.
Be sure about the length and cost of the program that you’re going to take. If you have a budget issue, you might consider the cheap program that is affordable for you.
How to choose summer camps for high school students
There is no perfect camp. The best camp is the one that pleases your son. Some children will be happier in small groups. Others will prefer large groups. Some children like the routine, but others prefer new adventures every day. Some will choose athletic activities, while others will opt for manual activities.
Before sending the child to a camp, parents should talk to their kids, know their desires or tastes, and look for the best option that will be the best suit for them.
Before going to a camp, value your parents’ personal situation, skills, maturity, preferences, and needs.
If this will be your first experience away from home, and you will not be under the eyes of your parents, do your best to make him enjoy and come back happy. The fear of sending you to these activities is normal. The news of accidents related to the camps is frequent. It is normal for parents to distrust when leaving their children in the hands of strangers, away from home, for one, two or three weeks.
According to experts, these activities contribute decisively to the maturation of the child, stimulate their autonomy and responsibility, and strengthen their links with the environment. summer camps for high school students also help the child learn to stay with other people, and develops their social skills.
If parents have decided to send the child to a camp, it is better they should inform about the program of activities, the place, the facilities and the friendship.
How should a children’s summer camp be?
Parents need a camp that is affordable and in a convenient location that offers a safe, educational, reliable, clean environment that is open when you need it. Children need a camp to make friends, build personal relationships with reliable adults, develop hobbies and interests, redefine their skills and spend part of their time playing and relaxing.
Quality summer camps for high school students
These are some of the requirements that summer camps for high school students must meet:
- Cleaning, safety, and comfort: All facilities must meet these requirements to ensure the welfare of children during their stay.
- Operating licenses: Make sure you have all the permits and licenses in force.
- Qualified personnel: The tutors and monitors must be professionals with educational training and careful in the deal.
- Variety of activities: Sports, ludic and writing, business studies complement the school skills of children and encourage them to make good decisions.
- Philosophy of understanding: Camp develops new social relationships which must be based on respect and understanding of children.
- Insurance: They are important when it comes to minors and concern the transfer, accommodation, activities, and excursions, which will be developed during the child’s stay.
- Medical certificate: The camp management must also request a file on the child’s health status, vaccination schedule, allergies or intolerances. If you are asthmatic, allergic, celiac, diabetic, or have sleep, behavior or eating problems, it will cause an issue.
- Specification of the program of activities: At- risk sports or those with a high degree of competitiveness should be avoided, at least in smaller children’s camps.
- Personnel and health services: They must have a basic aid kit and personal knowledge to deal with possible problems of bites, cuts, bumps, diarrhea, fevers, vomiting, colds, etc.
- Specialized medical personnel: To attend to any serious case of health may occur, and that the place of the camp offers a quick exit, if necessary, to a hospital center.